Cougle’s Waste Company was founded by Charles Cougle in the early 1940’s. Created from necessity after the fallout of the depression & as an act of civic duty (to assist with the war efforts)
Charles and his wife Majorie grew the business from a self-operated, small garage into a 7,000 square foot facility in Salisbury Township with 4 employees.
Robert & Debra Cougle took the reins and quickly accelerated the growth. The business relocated to New Smithville PA. The New Smithville site was 30,000 square feet and employed 20 staff.
An evening fire in 1992 (which completely destroyed the New Smithville facility) led CRI to a vacant industrial site in Hamburg, PA (Berks County) and became the new headquarters.
The Hamburg facility is approximately 120,000 square feet and employs over 100 full time staff as well as temporary labor.
Robert & Debra also purchased a second est. 90,000 square foot facility in Auburn, PA (Schuylkill Co) to be utilized for plastics processing.